Today I am installing new hardware with a fresh install of Libretime. I am following your instructions to do so.
What I did so far
- Install fresh Debian Bullseye 11.5
- Added icecast.list with ‘deb Index of /repositories/multimedia:/xiph/Debian_Testing ./’ (Debian_Testing since there is no Debian11 repository on that website)
I did this since there seems to be a license issue so that the icecast version in the Debian repository doesn’t do TLS.
- added the key (for the icecast repository)
- updated and upgraded the server with apt
- Git cloned Libretime
- Installed Libretime
- Copied the music files to /srv/libretime/…
- This is the point where I am stuck. I need to copy the old postgresql database to the new server but since I know that for new installations the database is called libretime and my old database is called airtime I would like to know what the best way is to do so. I can change the configuration file to point to the old name but can’t I just rename the database from airtime to libretime? I know that some tables have undergone changes (like cc_files for example).
What is the best way to do this upgrade?
Thanks for your time,