Migrating media library from Airtime

Hi,
I’ve got an old Airtime server with a 300Gb media library. I want to migrate over to Libretime for obvious reason, so I’ve set up a fresh VM running Libretime.

What’s the best way to move the media library over without manually downloading it and uploading again through the Libretime web interface? I’ve RSYNC’d the media across and into /srv/airtime/stor but I’m guessing that’s not going to be the best option since I’m gathering it’ll need to be registered in the database.

Has anybody got any tips?

Thanks

So the easiest way here would probably be to upgrade your airtime database with LibreTime.

Basically setup a copy of your airtime database on the new server and then when you run the LibreTime installer it should just upgrade the database schema and retain your existing track library.

We still don’t have support for external file importing so in some ways you are in better shape having already had airtime installed with your track library.

Let us know how it goes as we have done these upgrades before but there hasn’t been a lot of testing.

It seemed to work. I’m getting my user to check it through and feedback to me, but the Libretime server came up and was in sync with his old Airtime server with all his DJs in place, so it’s looking good.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @robbt I’m hopping on this thread…We discussed this offline the other day…I’ve got a 3.0.0 instance running now with a new, clean database. Are you saying that I can install the old database and then rerun the installer and it should update the schema even though there’s existing data? And then I could just rsync the files over?

@robbt It worked! :smiley: My reply is too short. Here are some more characters.