Got some bad time to figure our how to install on Raspberry pi 3 B

Yeah, python library requirements can be challenging at times, it seems to work on a fresh install so something you updated might have messed with it, so yeah.

Well just before making a fresh install, i changed the config and made 1st priority the python3…
Sadly it is downloading setuptools but returning that

Requirement already up-to-date: setuptools in /usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages (45.0.0)
File “/home/pi/Downloads/libretime-master/python_apps/api_clients/setup.py”, line 7
print script_path
^
SyntaxError: Missing parentheses in call to ‘print’. Did you mean print(script_path)?

EDIT
should i try to mess with the installer code?

Like I said LibreTime doesn’t work with python 3 currently. Have you tried setting it up w/o modification and just running ./install -fiap ? If you do that on a fresh install of raspbian does it still fail ? Its possible that some python packages are installed by raspbian that aren’t installed by Debian buster and they are causing this issue. I’m sure its resolvable but I’d need to test it myself to probably tinker and find a solution.

After a fresh install of the OS running the ./install -fiap i get the same message. I can’t understand why this is happened only through the HDD which is formated already to ext4. My latest try on the SD card was ok. As a solution, im thinking to try make the installation on the SD card and then clone the whole root on the HDD, what you think? (The same i mean “setuptools requires python >=3.5”

EDIT
Just did a fresh install on SD card, running through the same problem. Did anything changed so far? Lol
The thing is that i’ve tried both python versions 2.7-3.5-3.7 and all three of them are coming with the same error! When i check my pip --version it shows that it running through 2.7 so it is not actually goes through 3.7 and that makes the problem right? is it anything changed on the LibreTime code that week so far? Im looking in supermassive black hole :frowning:

This might be related to python 2 being deprecated on January 1, let me see if this happens on regular Debian buster. See if we can replicate, there has to be a workaround.

Hey there Robb! Any news about that problem? Im really interested to read what you have to say about it

Quick workaround until the change to Python 3.

Adding this line to to install script:
loudCmd "pip install more-itertools"

right under:
loudCmd "pip install setuptools --upgrade"

1 Like

Thanks so much, it seems that the installer moves through, but it still facing a problem which is stopping the installation

Searching for zipp>=0.5
Reading Links for zipp
Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/ee/f7/6c3ca4764a8025da9422825c2bc367fdc8dd115ebb52e4ef057f234938c4/zipp-2.0.0.tar.gz#sha256=7ae5ccaca427bafa9760ac3cd8f8c244bfc259794b5b6bb9db4dda2241575d09
Best match: zipp 2.0.0
Processing zipp-2.0.0.tar.gz
Writing /tmp/easy_install-NJ75zj/zipp-2.0.0/setup.cfg
Running zipp-2.0.0/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir /tmp/easy_install-NJ75zj/zipp-2.0.0/egg-dist-tmp-G3zrhq
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents…
Removing /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zipp-0.0.0-py2.7.egg
Moving zipp-0.0.0-py2.7.egg to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
zipp 0.0.0 is already the active version in easy-install.pth
Installed /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/zipp-0.0.0-py2.7.egg
error: The ‘zipp>=0.5’ distribution was not found and is required by importlib-metadata

you see on the end, it is a typo of the installation about the version of zipp installed and the one moved

Ok, so it seems like zipp is the only tool needed from that package. I noticed it was updated to 2.0.0 as of 2 days ago which is causing this. We can replace that line I gave you with just the zipp package (previous version).

Change:
loudCmd "pip install more-itertools"
To this:
loudCmd "pip install zipp==1.0.0"

1 Like

It is working! thanks. Of course i have to install silan by my self as the installation doesn’t do it, which is kinda pain in the *ss, as libavcodec56 missing but i managed to get it fixed by installing vlc which is including that libraries needed by silan, so everything fixed automatically. Mp3 files can be imported, now hopefully i will test it on streaming that week

1 Like