How Confused am I

I am having trouble with LiquidSoap on my current Airtime server which just keeps crashing for some reason and thought now would be a good time to change over to Libretime.

I’ve looked at http://libretime.org/ and much of the info seems to be either old stuff relating to Airtime. or needs swapping out Airtime for Libretime.

Is anyone willing to help me?

I want to install on to a VPS either

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 32 bit or
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit or
Ubuntu 16.04 X86 64

Not sure what would be the best.

Would like server prep
Install Airtime.

Regards everyone

I would recommend you use Ubuntu 16.04 X86 64, with a more current version of LibreTime you won’t need to upgrade the base OS as soon.

You are right that most of the docs on libretime.org are outdated. It started as a conversion of the legacy upstream documentation and still needs to be adapted both when it comes to wording and also when it comes to reflecting what is actually needed in 2017.

Please let us know where exactly you are stuck. Since 3.0.0-alpha.3 the install on Ubuntu 16 should work and result in a working system.

Regards,
Lucas

Thanks for the prompt reply.

where do I get 3.0.0-alpha.3 from
and what is the install process

Regards

Ok so the release is available as a zip from here https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/releases
or a direct link here https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/releases/download/3.0.0-alpha.3/libretime-3.0.0-alpha.3.tar.gz

Although it might make sense at this point to install via git clone if you plan on updating it directly from github in the future.
That can be done by running git clone https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime.git

You might need to first run “sudo apt-get install git” for the above command to work.

Then cd into the directory and run sudo ./install -fiap and it should go through the install script hopefully without any road blocks or bugs. If it works then you can go to your domain name and step through the install. We recommend leaving all of the defaults and then changing them afterwards by modifying the config file because there appears to be a bug where the default values aren’t being modified by the install script.

After all of that it should be up and running. Let us know if you run into any issues or have any more questions.

Thanks will play with it over the weekend,

I will document with screen shots in case you want to use them

Regards

That’d be great. We could definitely use some help with the documentation as you noticed. I think that you can even edit it directly in Github and it will create a “Pull Request” (a notice for someone to approve your changes). But yeah screenshots are a good first step for sure. Just going through and taking screen shots to replace all of the 2.5.x screens is another project that anyone could do without too much technical knowledge and it would be a big help as well.

You boys are amazing, had some time today so thought Id start the install documentation

Q:- Setup step 1 Should the username have auuto fill be libretime and not airtime, also are we able to change these without issues down the line including password

respect

There are some issues with regards to the install and the changing of default passwords. There has been a big report suggesting the changes aren’t written to the files. I haven’t tested it yet to figure out where the bug is in the web-based installer code.

Have a couple issues

Also im using the default username and password airtime and its saying its wrong
any ideas

Regards

What do you see in /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo.log

2017-11-12 15:25:33,555 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:25:34,183 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:25:34,688 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:25:35,188 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:25:35,695 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:29:19,700 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:29:20,185 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:29:20,686 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:29:21,187 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C
2017-11-12 15:29:21,704 [main] [INFO ] New locale set to: C

Ok, it looks like you are having the locales issue. I’m thinking we might need to add another package or steps to the install to prevent this from happening.

Here is the relevant github issue - https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/issues/317

Try these commands -
#Purge all locales but en_US.UTF-8
sudo locale-gen --purge en_US.UTF-8
#Populate LANGUAGE=
sudo update-locale LANGUAGE=“en_US.UTF-8”

That resolved the issue (Thanks)

What is the default username and password as I didnt change anything or is it my root account

regards

Default user name for the web interface is user: admin
password: admin

top dollar

i’m In

regards

So just for clarification, the git version is not the latest version?

Git is newer than version. Versions are for specific releases. Since we are still on alpha quality releases, it is probably just as well to use the git.