LibreTime install VPS which using DirectAdmin

So we would need to create this language as I don’t think it exists currently. It looks like you’d need to add it to the list in application/models/Locale.php and also create a directory under locales for et_EE and copy a airtime.po and translate it. It’d be great to get this added as a pull request at github. We have done some work to make an easier way to translate things but nobody had enough time to fully implement it as of yet, so things are still needing to be done manually like this.

Let me know whether this is something that you can do on your own or if you need me to do some work setting up the pull request so that you can share your translated version.

where is located application/models/Locale.php? if i use ./install -fiap, where does he install these files?

airtime_mvc/application/models/Locale.php
inside of the directory you downloaded LibreTime - to contribute a PR you need to use git. If this isn’t something you are comfortable with I can help with that part if you share your translated .po
At some point a .mo file needs to be generated from the .po file. I’m not sure at what step in the process this happens, perhaps when you are running the install or it may require an additional command. Basically the .mo file is a compiled binary from the human readable .po file

You can see this commit for an example of recent modifications for the Russian translation - https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/pull/985/commits/5f3310da03a1642b3d45e80f218e50be4b672e70

Sorry this is so complicated but we haven’t built the proper infrastructure yet to make translations easy and I appreciate your interest in helping add an additional language.

Incase you’re not able to do it with git you can always get the po template file and use a program like Poedit to create a new translation and just share that file here.

Example:

Template:

So, I add .po and .mo file on my raspberry pi in location /home/pi/libretime/airtime_mvc/locale/et_EE/LC_MESSAGES/airtime.mo and airtime.po.

and I add next text to Locale.php file “et_EE” => “Estonian”. After that i take a reboot, but nothing change, i don’t see my language in language list

Ok, it looks like the install adds the language stuff via the database so try getting into the database and running -
INSERT INTO cc_locale (locale_code, locale_lang) VALUES ('et_EE', 'Estonian');

I think psql -U airtime -h localhost -W airtime from the command line with airtime as the password should get you in.

Okay, that’s fine :slight_smile:

But I have next problem :smiley:

If i click LISTEN button, i don’t hear radio

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 16.00.57

This can be a number of problems. One I just noticed a while ago is that the Listen pop-up uses autoplay and that is blocked by some browsers and there is no way to trigger it manually. At least saw this one Firefox.

Also the best way to verify things is to open up the stream from the Icecast server directly at port 8000 and see if you can hear your stream playing that way from a client like VLC or even your browser window (if it opens the mp3 automatically).

Otherwise check your icecast logs under /var/log/airtime/pypo/pypo-liquidsoap and see if there are any errors. Also good to check pypo.log

Let me know what if any of these solves the problem for you.

Yeah, problem is only Safari :smiley:

Some necessary things that LibreTime would desperately need.

1. When I edit a song, there might be a place where I can set the cue in and cue out places exactly on top of the song, and so on for each song.

2. Currently, fade in and fade out can be set on a per second basis, but are actually set on a dB basis. Maybe if a song falls below a certain dB then fade the next song in.

3. In addition, a BPM could be shown for each song to know which criteria to set.

In short, it is as if such a song analyzer is missing.

Is there any way to set the end output or limit so that all songs are broadcast with the same sound level, and not one song is louder than another.

Yeah these would be good additions to the song analysis code.
One thing that it does do is use replaygain to try to have all songs at the same sound level. So that in theory should help with the last one but you’d need to check and see what the status of the analysis is if it doesn’t appear to be working.

But why Libretime not using waveform, only Airtime using…

Liquidsoap or something must be set output limiter.

Can be possible add code BPM and dB analyser?

If the waveform code was in Airtime but is not in LibreTime then it probably didn’t get ported over from Airtime on the branch we forked from. There was a general redesign.

Liquidsoap I don’t think has an output limiter, and I’m not sure there is any normalization or level control via liquidsoap, but I am not an expert on liquidsoap so perhaps there is something we could use. I know it would be helpful.

The BPM analysis could be added, pygain worked in python 2.7 & was ported to python 3 (for libretime by a volunteer) and it should be working. Can you see if your tracks have replaygain values in their database entry ?

But Airtime 2.5 git allows waveform.

can’t Airtime 2.5 and Libretime be compatible?

So if Airtime 2.5 has a waveform section where you can set cue in and cue out and fade in and fade out, it should also allow Libretime. If they are made on the same basis. The layout is the same in Libretime as in Airtime Pro, but if the content is the same as in Airtime 2.5, it should be possible to add or run it. Because without it, it’s still very difficult to make a radio.

some songs are 70db some 98db, I can’t see it anywhere. In this case, I should look at another program and then manually add it to the metadata, but the analyzer should understand for itself if the noise track is

Hmm, yeah this would be super useful, adding the ability to cut tracks from a Javascript based wave editor would also be useful. But nobody has put the time and energy into this yet and it is unlikely to happen in the immediate future due to the developers being busy with other jobs and the like and not being able to dedicate a lot of time to programming LibreTime.

I just started one of my final semesters of grad school and I have to dedicate every waking hour to studying Dynamic Programming so that I can pass my algorithms class and so my contributions to LibreTime will probably be down until August (unless I get inspired and distracted from my studies).

but there is no other such server-based radio software other than LibreTime and AirTime, or do you know if there are any other server-based software that can be managed through the web?

The only other web-based free software that I know of is AzuraCast but it is not as capable when it comes to Scheduling shows.

But for a fee, what options are there?

Not sure, this is something you will probably have to research. Here is a good place to start - https://alternativeto.net/software/libretime/