Is my install corrupt - multiple errors - butt 1.13 wont connect

hi - im new here and hope you can help.

im not a developer - but i run a site - and i was unable to find anyone to install Libretime for me. i used a developer with server experience - the install works - i can play uploaded sets fine - but i cant connect with Butt 1.13

when i press play - it says connecting . . . and doesnt stop - BUT - libretime shows livestream activated - but nothing comes out the sound

i found this in another thread - is this what i need to do ?

21/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
80/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
443/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8000/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8001/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8002/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8003/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8004/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8005/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
21/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
80/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
443/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8000/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8001/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8002/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8003/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8004/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8005/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

Also
when i click additional options in Streams - i am unable to add / edit these fields - i am admin user - i simply have no idea what to do here - i cant get the listener stats to work

in status - everything is green and ticked

any help appreciated - but i dont do ssh so i cant check anything but i can get others to do any checks you suggest

and if its not against site policy - it happily pay to have this fixed for me if anyone qualified is interested - please remove this line if it not permitted

thank you :smiley:

You definetly need to have certain ports open, check out this thread here I did on step by step, setting up a server. Setup Libretime production server- Rabbitmq and Liquidsoap errors

Thank you Joao - i will ask my developer to have a look :slight_smile:

Hi Joao - we are still struggling -

telnet 5.196.72.150 8001
davesimac:~ daveimac$ telnet 5.196.72.150 8001
Trying 5.196.72.150…
Connected to ns380462.ip-5-196-72.eu.
Escape character is ‘^]’.

i can connect to the port - but when i connect via Butt 1.13 - it just says connecting… live stream appears in libretime but it does not stream anything

i am unable to find anyone who can help - are you interested in fixing or reinstalling this for me for a fee ? its the only program on the server - so you can format and start again if you want

many thanks

dave

It looks like you still have some ports closed… I think port 9080/tcp is supposed to be 8080?
Look at the link I posted again, verify the ports are open.

Here are my port rules for inbound and outbound:

Yeah this is tricky, also some people have experienced issues using certain versions of Butt - see (https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/issues/160) but I don’t think it was fully resolved.

It is probably easy enough to find the problem via looking at the logs but like you said this isn’t something you are comfortable doing. I also saw another post where you were looking for someone to help with a complete reinstall. I may be able to lend a hand with either. We haven’t really came up with a policy regarding people getting paid or what not and we don’t currently have a way of collecting donations although Gus has suggested we could partner with Open Collective.

hi Robbt - thanks for the reply

yeah - the instal is corrupt - its showing master stream when no one is connected so id rather scrap it and have someone who know what they are doing. i do appreciate payment is awkward but i wouldnt ask anyone to do this for free - i respect the knowledge that is involved

i am open to suggestions

cheers
Dave

Hi Robbt - i have made no progress at all - i understand the complication is payment - but if we can get around that - would you be willing to either reinstall or check the current install ( i think its highly flawed but you know better for sure)

many thanks

Dave

Dave, send me a private message on here with contact info. Sorry for the 2 1/2 week delay in responding. I haven’t been active on the forum and for some reason I didn’t see any email notification regarding your response (I wasn’t actively ignoring it).

Try the latest version of butt as the dev has fixed the issue https://sourceforge.net/p/butt/news/2018/12/new-release-butt-0117/

1 Like

thank you MrKrotos - i will try that

Weird issue…anyway, the 1.13 BUTT version isn’t the problem, it’s the one i’m using and it works fine with Libretime (as it did with Airtime). Maybe you could show us screenshots with your stream settings in Libretime (‘live broadcasting’ as well as ‘output streams’ section), and also your stream settings in BUTT.