Is my install corrupt - multiple errors - butt 1.13 wont connect

hi - im new here and hope you can help.

im not a developer - but i run a site - and i was unable to find anyone to install Libretime for me. i used a developer with server experience - the install works - i can play uploaded sets fine - but i cant connect with Butt 1.13

when i press play - it says connecting . . . and doesnt stop - BUT - libretime shows livestream activated - but nothing comes out the sound

i found this in another thread - is this what i need to do ?

21/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
22/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
80/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
443/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8000/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8001/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8002/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8003/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8004/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
8005/tcp ALLOW Anywhere
21/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
22/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
80/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
443/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8000/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8001/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8002/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8003/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8004/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)
8005/tcp (v6) ALLOW Anywhere (v6)

Also
when i click additional options in Streams - i am unable to add / edit these fields - i am admin user - i simply have no idea what to do here - i cant get the listener stats to work

in status - everything is green and ticked

any help appreciated - but i dont do ssh so i cant check anything but i can get others to do any checks you suggest

and if its not against site policy - it happily pay to have this fixed for me if anyone qualified is interested - please remove this line if it not permitted

thank you :smiley:

You definetly need to have certain ports open, check out this thread here I did on step by step, setting up a server. Setup Libretime production server- Rabbitmq and Liquidsoap errors

Thank you Joao - i will ask my developer to have a look :slight_smile:

Hi Joao - we are still struggling -

telnet 5.196.72.150 8001
davesimac:~ daveimac$ telnet 5.196.72.150 8001
Trying 5.196.72.150…
Connected to ns380462.ip-5-196-72.eu.
Escape character is ‘^]’.

i can connect to the port - but when i connect via Butt 1.13 - it just says connecting… live stream appears in libretime but it does not stream anything

i am unable to find anyone who can help - are you interested in fixing or reinstalling this for me for a fee ? its the only program on the server - so you can format and start again if you want

many thanks

dave

It looks like you still have some ports closed… I think port 9080/tcp is supposed to be 8080?
Look at the link I posted again, verify the ports are open.

Here are my port rules for inbound and outbound:

Yeah this is tricky, also some people have experienced issues using certain versions of Butt - see (https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/issues/160) but I don’t think it was fully resolved.

It is probably easy enough to find the problem via looking at the logs but like you said this isn’t something you are comfortable doing. I also saw another post where you were looking for someone to help with a complete reinstall. I may be able to lend a hand with either. We haven’t really came up with a policy regarding people getting paid or what not and we don’t currently have a way of collecting donations although Gus has suggested we could partner with Open Collective.

hi Robbt - thanks for the reply

yeah - the instal is corrupt - its showing master stream when no one is connected so id rather scrap it and have someone who know what they are doing. i do appreciate payment is awkward but i wouldnt ask anyone to do this for free - i respect the knowledge that is involved

i am open to suggestions

cheers
Dave

Hi Robbt - i have made no progress at all - i understand the complication is payment - but if we can get around that - would you be willing to either reinstall or check the current install ( i think its highly flawed but you know better for sure)

many thanks

Dave

Dave, send me a private message on here with contact info. Sorry for the 2 1/2 week delay in responding. I haven’t been active on the forum and for some reason I didn’t see any email notification regarding your response (I wasn’t actively ignoring it).