Webstream cuts out after 8 to 10 mins

Hi, I am in the process of trying out Libretime, I have installed it on a digital ocean droplet, not bad considering that im clueless when it comes to this sort of thing. Anyway i run alot of live syndicated shows on my little station, so have tested the webstream but it stops after about 10mins. The on air light is lit up but there is no output. If i preview the stream , get sound but nothing from the main output. Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Darren

Just an update. The stream stays for 7 mins then i lose output on the back end but a live stream is fine.

Hi Darren,

Look at this item Webstream is stopping after some time · Issue #1453 · LibreTime/libretime · GitHub

They are working on it

regards Ben

1 Like

Thanks Ben. Until they do i will have to find a work around.

Hello folks,

I propose you to test the latest fixes I added to the repository.

Pulling the latest changes and upgrading your installation might fix the issue.

Of course, run your test on a test environment, as we had a lot of breaking changes recently and those aren’t fully documented yet. I would not want to break your radio station setup.

Cheers,
Jo

hi, thanks for the information. Can you tell me the location of the fix and how to do it please. Im a total novice at this and think i need to go back to school.
thanks

Hi Jo, I have just installed the latest version of Libretime but I am still having the same issue with the webstream cutting out after 5 to 8 minutes. I am very new to Linux , so am not sure if there is any changes i should be doing to the command lines before I start. I have also noticed that it doesn’t like playing a https stream.
I was wondering if there would be a way of tricking the Podcast side of Libretime to play a webstream.
Anyway, thanks for all the hard work you and everyone else has put into this.
Darren

Hey,

I cannot be of any help without enough information, please provide details about your setup, and I will be able to give you an educated answer.

Regarding the webstream feature, I didn’t face any cut after some time, I think this bug has been fixed. I am facing other bugs though, where the stream never starts for some reason.

Jo

Hi,

I am just about to run another test. I have uploaded it to a digital ocean VM, or droplet as they call it, running ubuntu. I have noticed the stream issue but put it down to it being down to https problem. I am wondering if it a icecast problem. I will let you know how the test goes, i am using a url from my little RadioBoss cloud set up to test.

Darren