Programmable Auto Playlist - Suggestion

Hello
Currently, I use the Auto Playlist function in the calendar to associate content to shows. This means that a time slot will repeat the same playlist. What would be great is to have a way to randomly select a playlist from the playlist list with search constraint like a word in the playlist name. A sort of Smart Blocks for Playlists. Thanks for a superb app.

1 Like

No takers on this idea? Is it a bad idea or can it be already done?

I do it the other way around. I use smartblocks for various genres (Jazz, Country, Electronica, &c), set them to 58mins maximum, then create, f’rinstance a Jazz playlist with the Jazz smartblock, then a 2 minute StationID smartblock, then the Jazz smartblock again, the 2 minute StationID smartblock again, and so on…

That’s usually to fill the 2 hour to 4 hour overnight timeslots. With enough Jazz tracks in the library the smartblocks don’t have much repetition in them. You can use shorter smartblocks (14 minutes) separated by 1 minute StationID smartblocks, but there’s a chance of getting more repeats in an hour.

I think a randomly selected playlist is a good idea, although we have no immediate need for it.

–Bob.

Thank you for your thoughts.
Our radio is a collection of DJs who do a show a week. Currently, I manually distribute the shows across the attributed time slots. Having a way to automate the shows via metadata like the smartblocks would save so much time.

It’s good idea. I would to play random music album in show. Tracks should play in right order of album.
I think I can achieve this by auto selecting random playlist by some criteria.
How to create a Smart Blocks for Playlists ?

The smartblock tool is really good so having it deployed across the app would be fantastic.