I launched a radio station (http://www.radiobana.com) last summer to continuously play songs and community radio shows. I got everything to work fine and left it on since then. Just yesterday I checked my radio and to my surprise no sound plays on the website player. Up until now I’ve tried deleting all running radio shows and restarting the Libretime system but nothing has changed.
Interestingly, I can play the radio on VLC just fine. I guess that’s helpful but since most listeners use the web player I’ll still need to solve this main issue. All help is appreciated.
Edit: My setup is a DO droplet running 18.04 Ubuntu LTS.
It plays for me on a Safari for iPhone. Which browser are you using?
I use Firefox on PC mainly but I’ve also tested it on Chrome and Edge. It didn’t work on any of them.
Interestingly, I made a test show now (since the one running before just ended) and when I try playing it on Firefox and Chrome, I get no sound, but upon updating Edge to the new Chromium version, I got it to work there. I also tested it on my Android phone and it works on Brave Browser.
It definitely used to work on all browsers so I don’t know what could be causing the varied performance.
Making a new comment 'cause I didn’t want to overedit my above one. Apparently, the radio works completely fine on my iMac (Safari, Firefox, and Chrome). I guess I should’ve checked that first because that’s what I remember using to setup my Libretime instance and test stuff, but since I use my PC to do everything nowadays it slipped my mind.
So I presume this is a browser problem and not a Libretime problem? I dug around the github page a bit and see such issues being acknowledged. In that case I can live with it, I’ll just stick to using Edge for now.
This is an issue with our web player, it fails on certain platforms if you want to share your testing on the bug it is here.
Friend, your site is http and it should be HTTPS. You must create the SSL to the Icecast server.
We are in need of someone to write definitive docs on how to setup a completely working SSL install for everything and possibly change some of the code see https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/issues/88 and https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/issues/917 and https://github.com/LibreTime/libretime/issues/957 for the issues relating to the SSL.