UI feedback about Dashboard

Hi, folks. I’ve been using Airtime and Libretime for about 3 years now to do my show on Radio 614. For the most part I’ve been able to use it effectively, but a couple things about the user interface have proved troublesome. The default view is the Dashboard, with the Scheduled Shows (SS) tab open on the right side of the page. Having the SS tab open by default allows users to do destructive things without meaning to. For example, let’s say I want to edit one of my existing playlists. I click Playlists in the left navigation panel, then I find the playlist, single-click it, then click the pencil button to edit. If I inadvertently double click the playlist by mistake, it’s added to the end of the current Scheduled Show, which I definitely didn’t want to do. Having the SS tab open on the Dashboard by default opens the door for inadvertent messing with the current show. It shouldn’t be so easy to do this by mistake.

I can think of a couple different ways to change the functionality to mitigate this. Consider not defaulting the SS tab to open - make users do something deliberate in order to edit what’s currently being broadcast. On the Playlist tab, make a double-click open the playlist for editing, or at the very least do nothing upon double-click. There are probably other options.

I’m curious if anyone else has reported this as a problem, and if you’ve considered addressing this. Let me know if you have any questions about my experiences as a user.

Thanks for the feedback.
I can see how this could be a problem, I’m also assuming that your user has been designated a “program manager” role for your libretime install . One way in theory this shouldn’t happen is that people with only the DJ login can only update shows they have been designated a DJ on and so they shouldn’t be able to do this for a show they aren’t the DJ for. I’ll check with Pat and see how he has it setup.

If someone is a DJ it would make sense to show their upcoming show as well vs. whatever is scheduled. I’m not sure how easy this would be to fix at this point but I’ll keep it in mind as we move forward. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the response! I wasn’t thinking that maybe Pat had given me a higher level of access than the other DJs (probably because of my awesomeness). Maybe I’m the only one with this problem. Hmm.