Scheduling doubts

Hi all!
When the MasterSource switches off, the current show resumes, almost surely the show will have a track going, how do i manage to make the track playing from start?

An example:
Shows:

• 10:00 - 10:30 (Live Show)
  • 10:30 - 11:00 (Music)

Show from 10:00 to 10:30, the Master Source should end by 10:30, but the MasterSource ends at 10:35, what is the right way to make a track start when MasterSource disconnects? Thanks to everyone!

Hmm this isn’t something that LibreTime is currently setup to do. The calendar playout and the live playout are like parallel streams that you switch too.

To set this up would require modifying the code in the pypo python code and would also be tricky because it would have to account for things like multiple disconnects and the calendar getting out of sync. For instance say you had 1 hour long track and disconnected on accident it would have to restart at the beginning each time.

It could definitely be done but it would take learning how the LibreTime playout module communicates with LiquidSoap and might be a bit of work to program.

You may be better off using ShowSource instead of MasterSource. A DJ user defined in LibreTime connects with their own username and PW, when their show ends the user is disconnected, and the next show will start a new track, almost certainly at the beginning.

Of course, the user who’s connected with ShowSource may get cut off in mid-track, but if it’s a live show they can keep an eye on the clock to ensure there’s a tidy end to their show right at 10:30.

–Bob.

To set this up would require modifying the code in the pypo python code and would also be tricky because it would have to account for things like multiple disconnects and the calendar getting out of sync. For instance say you had 1 hour long track and disconnected on accident it would have to restart at the beginning each time.

Ok, now i get it, thanks. I guess that the most problematic thing is the calendar getting out of sync, probably restarting the current song isn’t the right way to make sure we don’t have an already started track fading in. Probably waiting for its end, replacing the remaining time with some default, like custom selected jingles could be an idea.

It could definitely be done but it would take learning how the LibreTime playout module communicates with LiquidSoap and might be a bit of work to program.

I definitely want to at least understand a bit of how the LibreTime playout module communicates with LiquidSoap, also because i would like know if the parallel stream of the current show and the MasterSource is something that is an abstraction of libretime or something that liquidsoap has as a concept/feature. I imagine that track metadata is also sent to liquidsoap from the playout code right? I’m currently trying to find out why returned icecast metadata has only StreamTitle without Vorbis specific data (Icy-MetaInt, like artist name and song name), maybe it’s the right place.

Yes we could use this funcionality, but the thing is that I’m trying to give speakers more time if they need it and to not have a song fading in the middle; and to give speaker less time if they don’t need more, but not having silence after they ended. Having something like a timespan of ±15min that has jingles instead of silence, or jingles that runs until the next track.