Liquid soap versions and updates

Hi everyone, this most probably is going to be a stupid question, but as i know pretty much nothing about linux, I will ask. I have been trying to work out why I can’t get the Webstream to work, I have been using the url from from my RadioBoss cloud, and today i noticed that the version was only 1. something. I then noticed a station that streams from me is 2. something, sorry for using " something " instead of the full version. I have libretime installed on a Digital Ocean V.M. running Ubuntu 18.04. I have been following the Libretime installation instructions from the Website and installing the latest version. I have now looked at the Liquidsoap website and seen that the Liquidsoap version depends on what O.S is being run. For example Debian bullseye version is 1.4.3.3 whilst Ubuntu 18.04 is 1.1.1.7 .
Could this be contributing to the issue, as i said, I have very little experience in Linux and commands etc.
A big thanks to all the experts who have been spending there time getting Libretime going.
Darren