Airtime-liquidsoap failed to start because of restart counter

Actualy i did not know that there was a restart counter in liquidsoap.
This is the output of systemctl status airtime-liquidsoap

systemctl status airtime-liquidsoap
● airtime-liquidsoap.service - Airtime Liquidsoap Service
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/airtime-liquidsoap.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2020-06-18 22:59:57 CEST; 44s ago
Process: 11221 ExecStart=/usr/bin/airtime-liquidsoap (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Main PID: 11221 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

jun 18 22:59:57 stream2 systemd[1]: airtime-liquidsoap.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
jun 18 22:59:57 stream2 systemd[1]: airtime-liquidsoap.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
jun 18 22:59:57 stream2 systemd[1]: Stopped Airtime Liquidsoap Service.
jun 18 22:59:57 stream2 systemd[1]: airtime-liquidsoap.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
jun 18 22:59:57 stream2 systemd[1]: airtime-liquidsoap.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
jun 18 22:59:57 stream2 systemd[1]: Failed to start Airtime Liquidsoap Service.

I only started airtime-liquidsoap once.
Has anyone else had this issue? All help apreciated
My system is a freshly installed debian Buster (10.4)

Serge

I have some additional information after sudo -u www-data airtime-liquidsoap --debug

Airtime Liquidsoap
DEBUG:root:http://localhost:80/api/get-stream-setting/format/json/api_key/0RXWEPYNYPKI5F7JDITV/
At /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/liquidsoap/ls_lib.liq, line 269, char 25-56:
this value has type
(default:)->
but it should be a subtype of
string (inferred at /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/airtime_playout-1.0-py2.7.egg/liquidsoap/ls_lib.liq, line 269, char 5-13)

I suspect you might be running an older version of LibreTime vs. the current git master.
We are in the process of switching to python3.

If you can try installing the latest master branch on git and see if you run into the same problem. It seems like the issue might be with the version of liquidsoap and we have some fixes for that but I’m not sure when exactly they were merged.

1 Like

Thanks for the help. I will need to wait till next week for trying this since i am travelling for work at the moment.

I got finally an opportunity to install the latest master branch and everything is working perfectly.

Thank you for the help.