Tmp folder keeps filling up

A recent screenshot of the tmp folder on a recent install. Using 40Gb of space and it just keeps building. Any pointers as to what the cure would be ? All of the files below the screenshot are in the celery celery Owner/Group.

Looks like the celery process is leaving rather large files running around. This could be caused by podcasts being downloaded not being deleted from tmp once they are digested. I also have a rather large tmp folder on my libretime install as well.

So the solution would be for us to clean up the podcast-download task to delete the tmp file after it is passed to LibreTime or to increase the rate at which your linux system wipes its /tmp folder so as to cut down on this.

This particular install is currently subscribing to over 30 podcasts. So in its current form anyone using LT to subscribe to a goodly number of podcasts is likely to have the same issue, When you say "the solution would be for us to clean up the podcast-download task to delete the tmp file after it is passed to LibreTime" I assume this is something yet to be added to the code. In the interim I guess the tmp folder will have to be monitored manually to delete the tmp files to ensure the hard drive doesn’t fill up.

Thx for your reply Robbt.

You shouldn’t need to manually delete them, you can just adjust the settings on tmpfile.d to have it delete old files automatically - see the manual and this post

Thx for the pointer.