Podcast RSS Feed issue

SRN provides a once an hour news service that is approx 4 minutes long. They provide an RSS feed for it. Using a smartblock and playlist to play it however is not working. The issue is that although the RSS feed sees the latest file it does not download it. See screenshot.

Any ideas on what the fix is for this ?

The file at the bottom that is downloaded I did manually.

Also, the playlist runs 1 hour before the slot is due to play. Is it possible to get it to run say 30 minutes before it is due to play, or even 20 minutes so that it always picks up and plays the latest available file ?

Another issue. RSS feeds have stopped downloading. I can use VLC and grab the RSS feed and it works just fine on any given RSS feed. However, Libretime no longer is able to grab the audio files.

You get a terminal “spinning” wheel.

Perhaps a download progress capability would be a nice add.

Any idea how to debug this issue or is this a terminal bug?

So this is possibly an issue airtime-celery which does the podcast downloads. See if you have any logs for it under /var/log/ there has been an issue where sometimes the logs aren’t created. If it isn’t running then that is the probable cause you can check under settings status as well. Try restarting it.

Just wondering if anyone found a solution for this. I’m having the same issue. I’m trying to setup Democracy Now as an auto download but I’m getting the endless spinning wheel. I checked under settings/status and Celery has a green check mark beside it (as does everything else). Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, the logs aren’t showing anything either.

I’m not sure if I’m having the same issue. One of our feeds (https://feeds.buzzsprout.com/1882083.rss from the CJPME Debrief podcast) just shows the infinite spinning circle (it does eventually time out, but no error messages). When I look in the /tmp folder on the server I see that the file has been downloaded, owned by celery. So perhaps it’s a problem with airplay_analyzer which doesn’t parse it and add it to the DB? I think it’s more likely a problem with the RSS feed and airplay_analyzer doesn’t overcome that problem or handle it as an error.