hello all, moving this over from github as it is hopefully a support request rather than a bug report. thanks!
today we hit a new snag upon trying to install libretime in a fresh instance of ubuntu 16 running as a virtual machine. From the
* Configuring RabbitMQ * ----------------------------------------------------- Error: unable to connect to node rabbit@libretime: nodedown DIAGNOSTICS =========== attempted to contact: [rabbit@libretime] rabbit@libretime: * connected to epmd (port 4369) on libretime * epmd reports: node 'rabbit' not running at all no other nodes on libretime * suggestion: start the node current node details: - node name: 'rabbitmq-cli-8940@libretime' - home dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq - cookie hash: 7Y30JTYnxpNxLQwmUmWuPQ==
systemctl status rabbitmq-server.service reports that
● rabbitmq-server.service - RabbitMQ Messaging Server Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rabbitmq-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled) Active: failed (Result: timeout) since mar 2018-09-18 17:35:22 CDT; 2s ago Process: 28398 ExecStartPost=/usr/lib/rabbitmq/bin/rabbitmq-server-wait (code=killed, signal=TERM) Process: 28397 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/rabbitmq-server (code=killed, signal=TERM) Main PID: 28397 (code=killed, signal=TERM) sep 18 17:33:51 libretime systemd: Starting RabbitMQ Messaging Server... sep 18 17:34:41 libretime rabbitmq: Waiting for rabbit@localhost ... sep 18 17:34:41 libretime rabbitmq: pid is 28417 ... sep 18 17:35:21 libretime systemd: rabbitmq-server.service: Start-post operation timed out. Stopping. sep 18 17:35:22 libretime systemd: Failed to start RabbitMQ Messaging Server. sep 18 17:35:22 libretime systemd: rabbitmq-server.service: Unit entered failed state. sep 18 17:35:22 libretime systemd: rabbitmq-server.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.
So then I tried to follow the instructions in Preparing the Server to fix the RabbitMQ hostname
Specifically my 2 attempts to configure RabbitMQ were to edit /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-env.conf
or by adding a snippet from the stack overflow question linked from libretime documentation.
export RABBITMQ_NODENAME=rabbit@localhost export RABBITMQ_NODE_IP_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1 export ERL_EPMD_ADDRESS=127.0.0.1
Either of these do appear to change the hostname in the the error message I see when I run
sudo service rabbitmq-server start. Now it says says rabbit@localhost instead of rabbit@libretime, but it’s the same error and it still won’t start, and so will most probably still abort the libretime install script.
The only modifications we’ve made to the fresh ubuntu 16 server are the following. Details in the documentation we’ve been writing simultaneously (in spanish) Not sure if any of them could be related.
- edited hosts file to resolve our custom base_url back to 127.0.0.1
- virt-manager virtual machine network set as a br0 from the server
- VM given fixed ip set in /etc/network/interfaces
- sshfs loads a shared folder from the server upon VM startup
…and so I could really use some direction.