Icecast CHARSET

I have a problem with the metadata of the podcasts I am streaming with my Libretime installation. The accented letters shown in the player on Libretime homepage are correctly displayed, but in the icecast stream, these letters are replaced by ? How can I change the CHARSET used by icecast to display these metadata ? I would like to specify UTF-8 instead of ISO-8859. This was OK with a 3.0 alpha Libretime. With Libretime 3.0.2 things have changed. I have unsuccessfully tried to insert in the file /etc/libretime/config.yml, but this generates an error. I have had a look at /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml, but all the parameters related to the output streams are commented and seem to come from /etc/libretime/config.yml. Thank you for your help.

Hi,

How did you handled this using the earlier version of Libretime ? Or has this become a problem because of the new version of Liquidsoap you are using (new distribution?) ?

The mount are configured on the fly by liquidsoap, so if something need to be configured, it will have to go trough liquidsoap. I don’t know if you can pre-define a mount and let liquidsoap attach itself to it (I would assume it is possible).

I’ll have a quick look.

According to liquidsoap, the charset is automatically UTF-8 Liquidsoap

But I’ve seen a lot of the following icecast logs on my setup (every time liquidsoap updates the title):

[2023-04-06  11:59:55] INFO admin/admin_handle_request Received admin command metadata on mount "/main.mp3"
[2023-04-06  11:59:55] INFO util/util_conv_string converting metadata from UTF-8 to ISO8859-1
[2023-04-06  11:59:55] INFO admin/command_metadata Metadata on mountpoint /main.mp3 changed to "Aïoli - Hors ligne"

So I’m unsure what the best practice should be. Maybe forcing the charset to UTF-8 is a good idea.

Could you try to set this in your icecast configuration ?

<mount type="default">
       <charset>UTF-8</charset>
    </mount>

With that I’ve managed to display some utf-8 char easily

Brilliant, I have inserted what you suggested in /etc/icecast2/icecast.xml, and it’s OK now.

Thank you for your help.

For future reference Stream configuration | LibreTime