Add ssl to your Icecast2 stream - sweet and simple

Hello, this is the most lively topic on the forum about installing an SSL certificate. I have another question what will happen to the live broadcast that is broadcast via MIXXX with a live presenter - to the radio site, after installing an SSL certificate on the libretime and radio site. The 8002/show settings remain on the http protocol. But in your instructions for the reverse proxy server it says that the stream will not be broadcast if the streams are in a different format

I see all of the posts are regarding SSL and Ubuntu 18. How about Icecast2 and Ubuntu22? I have tried to get the Icecast2 download from Xiph for Ubuntu 22, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Iā€™m not a noob on this, but Iā€™m not experienced either. Kinda in the middleā€¦
Thanks.

Scott

I think this is now the best way to secure your icecast2 plus and any recent versions of Ubuntu:

Thanks, boydbadten. Iā€™ll give it a shot pretty soon.

Hello,
I know Iā€™m a bit late to the party, but I just wanted to leave this comment here for anyone who may end up in the same situation as I did.
I have icecast (2.4.4) running on Windows 10, and I have requested my certificates using the ā€œnormalā€ method using certbot. After I received my certificates, Iā€™ve concatenated them into that file and Iā€™ve notices that the key is VERY small compared to my previous one (just 3-4 rows).
When Iā€™ve tried to connect to the server Iā€™ve got an error from FireFox saying SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP.
Upon further investigation certbot is using the key type ecdsa as a default. So, what I did was to run certbot again but this time with the --key-type rsa option. This gave me a ā€œnormalā€ key that I could paste in the config file and get it going

Example command: certbot --standalone --key-type rsa

This took me about 6-7 hours to figure out. Donā€™t be like me