Libretime Analyzer fails to start

Hi, I’m running into this error when trying to start libretime-analyzer:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘airtime_analyzer.cli’

This is happening in a LT install in which I had manually fixed the bug mentioned in #1172 by editing python_apps/pypo/pypo/pypofile.py according to #1174 before that merge was done. Everything was running ok then.
When the merge was done I decided to pull it and update LT to clean it up. However now I’m running into this problem.

Some logs here:

Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: libretime-analyzer.service: Failed to reset devices.list: Operation not permitted
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: Started LibreTime Media Analyzer Service.
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:   File "/usr/bin/libretime-analyzer", line 33, in <module>
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:     sys.exit(load_entry_point('libretime-analyzer==0.1', 'console_scripts', 'libretime-analyzer')())
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:   File "/usr/bin/libretime-analyzer", line 25, in importlib_load_entry_point
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:     return next(matches).load()
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:   File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/importlib_metadata-1.7.0-py3.6.egg/importlib_metadata/__init__.py", line 105, in load
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:     module = import_module(match.group('module'))
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:   File "/usr/lib/python3.6/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:     return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 994, in _gcd_import
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 971, in _find_and_load
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]:   File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 953, in _find_and_load_unlocked
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra libretime-analyzer[549]: ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'airtime_analyzer.cli'
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: libretime-analyzer.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: libretime-analyzer.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: libretime-analyzer.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: libretime-analyzer.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 5.
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: Stopped LibreTime Media Analyzer Service.
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: libretime-analyzer.service: Start request repeated too quickly.
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: libretime-analyzer.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Feb 19 16:48:31 guayra systemd[1]: Failed to start LibreTime Media Analyzer Service.

LT: 649468074

thanks for any hints!

This is probably something related to refactor(airtime_analyzer): rename to libretime-analyzer and make entrypoint pythonic by hairmare · Pull Request #1144 · LibreTime/libretime · GitHub

Thanks… I’ll check there.
The strange thing is that it was already working with the previous git version.

I started the Analyzer by hand running:

/usr/bin/airtime_analyzer

and although is still showing as failed in the “status” tab or “systemctl status libretime-analyzer”, LT imported a file correctly.
That’s ok for me now so that we can upload today’s shows, but of course I’m gonna need to completely fix it. So I’ll keep trying. More hints welcome!
cheers!

Maybe I should backup the db and files and try to delete the current installation.
Can an full uninstall be run from the ./install script?

Hi, I got the same problem with last update. Maybe it’s useful to write bug report in Issues · LibreTime/libretime · GitHub. This should be fixed.

I could solve it by completely uninstalling LT (except db and tracks) and reinstalling it…

Please can you write how do you made uninstalling LT and keeping db and tracks ?
I think that I have to do the same.
To see if the new Libretime Master is working well with new OS Xubuntu 18.04.05 and LT 649468074 I made full new setup on another local server. It seams working well ! So the problem with no starting Libretime Analyser is concerning only updates.

When you run the ./uninstall script it will ask you the items you want to remove (ie: database, apache conf, etc).
But just in case I did a backup of the db with:

sudo -u postgres pg_dumpall | gzip -c > libretime-backup.gz

and moved my music folder (/srv/airtime/) to a tmp location.
In the unistall script I choose not to delete the db.
After the script finished I used locate to find any libretime or airtime files. And I did found some files that I manually deleted.
After reinstalling LT the anaylizer started up just fine :slight_smile:

After some LT uninstall and install I will have to make new install of OS and LT. I saved svr and db and will try to put it back in new installation.